Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mean Kids

Why are kids so mean? If you have kids, I'm sure they've told you stories at one point or another of kids at school being mean. If you don't have kids, I'm sure you remember mean kids from when you yourself were little. I won't name names but I still have hard feelings for certain people from my middle school years, even though they've grown up into normal, kind adults.

I know it's a normal part of your childhood - dealing with the challenges that life throws your way. I suppose if you're being positive you could say that it teaches your children how to deal with difficult people and situations.

But, I'm not feeling very positive right now so all I can say is that I would like to hunt down the rotton little boy who thinks it's fun to call my daughter fat and stupid... and give him a taste of his own medicine. I'd like to tell my sweet little daughter that instead of ignoring him and letting his hurtful words roll off her back, she should punch him in the face.

Ok, ok. I really am proud of how Bailie is dealing with this bully and I won't speak my wishes outloud (no promises but I will try really hard)... but seriously people. Teach your kid some freaking manners!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That makes me so angry Shannon. I know kids tease but these days, it just seems so much worse than when we were kids.

With all the anti-bully stuff on TV these days, I was actually talking to my kids about it tonight. I hope lots of parents are doing the same but I'm doubtful. Sadly I'm sure it's the parents that don't have bullies for kids but kids that are being bullied that get talked to about it, ya know?

Just keep reminding Bailie that she is a smart, beautiful girl. Remind her that bullies aren't happy with themselves and have to try and tear down the strong ones to make themselves feel better. And the best way to win is not let that bully get to her. (If only it were so easy. *sigh*)

Hugs to you both! xoxo