Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

What are you thankful for?

At the risk of sounding cliche', I've been thinking a lot the past few days what I am thankful for. I know, it's the time of year when most people take the time to think about this which is why I have been avoiding it. I don't like to follow the crowds. I do love Thanksgiving, I see it as a time to get together with family and friends. But the things I am thankful for are gifts from God and I try to give thanks and praise every day of the year rather than one day a year.

Nonetheless, I have been giving it a lot of thought lately. Our family is so blessed. That might sound weird to some people who know me and my family because we have had more than our fair share of "downs" in our lives. As unfortunate as those are, I truly believe they have all happened for a reason (even if the reason is unknown to us) and it has shaped us and prepared us for the good things that we have received.

Matt and I have both gone through previous failed marriages and situations that may have left some people discouraged and untrusting. That's not to say it was easy for us but we've endured and it has made us better people. As our two little families have blended into one big family, we have had one blessing after another. Things keep falling into place for us. It's easy to think "we are so lucky" or to think that these things are just coincidences. But we know that these things are all part of God's plan for us. It's exciting to think about - I can't wait to see all that He has in store for us!

So, going along with the theme "What are you thankful for?" here are some very general things that I am thankful for in our lives.

~ I am thankful for a second chance in love and marriage. I am thankful for my husband who loves me and treats me and my kids good.

~ I am thankful for my beautiful kids (all four of them). They are sweet, smart, caring kids that make me complete, even when I am close to pulling my hair out.

~ I am thankful for our home, which has turned out to be in the perfect location and our landlord who is very laid back.

~ I am thankful for the stable jobs that both Matt and I are lucky to have in these hard times.

~ I am thankful for our pets who are part of our family... especially for our horse who has turned out to be an awesome addition and an opportunity to share the love that my mom and I had for horses with my own daughters.

~ I am thankful for my family and friends. I wouldn't be who I am today without all of you.

~ Last but definitely NOT least, I am thankful for a God who loves each and every one of us, who has a plan for us, and who has given me all of these things that I am thankful for.

So, what are you thankful for??


Photobucket

No comments: