Today was Taylor's first day of Kindergarten and Bailie's first day of 4th Grade! Today was also Ethan's first day of 3rd Grade and Gavin's first day of 1st Grade. I haven't heard how the boys' first day went but the girls had a great time!
I was super nervous for Taylor's first day. She's really shy in new places and with new people (tends to hide behind me or cover her face) but she did AWESOME! She answered her teacher's questions and did everything she was asked to do. Small things but it made for a smooth first day. She was more than ready for me to leave but I... well let's just say I'm glad it's only half day kindergarten. Pick up couldn't come quick enough!
Bailie is in a 3rd/4th grade split class. I wasn't sure how that would work but one of her neighborhood friends (a 3rd grader) is in her class so that's nice. Bailie's still relatively new to this school since she started last April, so she doesn't know a whole lot of people. She likes her teacher and can't wait to go back tomorrow.
So, today was a success! Oh and I happen to love the work schedule that I'm on this week too. I go to the office when Taylor's in school (2.5 hrs) and then work from home for a couple hours. Can't beat that! Well, until next week when I officially start my maternity leave. Baby's coming soon! Woo hoo! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment